Camelot unveiled the latest changes to EuroMillions in September 2016. Here’s the full scoop on what’s new.
When Did EuroMillions Change?
The changes applied starting with the Tuesday draw on 27th September 2016.
Here’s what is different in brief:-
- Ticket prices went going up – the price is now £2.50 a line (instead of £2)
- There is an extra Lucky Star ball – you now choose from 1-12 (instead of 1-11)
- The starting jackpot increased to €17 Million (current €15 Million)
- The rollover rules now allow a capped jackpot of €190 Million for up to 4 draws (currently 1 draw)
- The ‘UK Millionaire Maker’ add-on now pays out 2 x £1 Million prizes each draw (instead of 1)
- New ‘UK Monthly Bonus Draw’ – an online based draw once a month with a £1 Million prize
- There will be additional ‘European Millionaire Maker’ events a ‘couple’ of times per year
- Mega Friday events will become Mega Weeks, so include the Tuesday draw.